This event is an opportunity to explore and discuss a variety of key concepts and possible future policy solutions related to the Platform on Sustainable Finance’s work on the EU taxonomy. Interested stakeholders will be able to engage on the approaches and key concepts developed by the Platform on Sustainable Finance so far and get an insight in the work process of the Platform.
The event will be organised as five separate livestreamed webinars, each exploring a different aspect of the EU taxonomy
- The first webinar will focus on the role the EU taxonomy can play in stimulating and mobilising finance for transition to environmental sustainability
- The second webinar will discuss possible ways of extending the EU taxonomy framework beyond green activities
- The third webinar will present some of main challenges and possible solutions with regard to taxonomy-linked data and corporate reporting and disclosure
- The fourth webinar will offer an insight into the work process of the Platform in developing the EU taxonomy criteria for the remaining four environmental objectives (water, circular economy, pollution and biodiversity)
- The fifth webinar will address the potential development of social taxonomy and give an insight into a possible structure of such taxonomy
The series of events will be opened by the European Commission and the Chair of the Platform on Sustainable Finance. The Rapporteurs and Platform Members will join each of the five sessions and share with stakeholders their latest thinking and answer the questions.
Registration and webstreaming
Submit your questions
Documents and links
- 24 February: 10.00 - 12.00 (Europe/Brussels)
Webinar on enabling transition finance
This webinar will present initial thinking of the Platform on Sustainable Finance on the existing and potential use of the EU taxonomy framework and the wider sustainable finance framework for enabling the financing of the transition towards a sustainable economy.
- 24 February: 13.00 - 14.30
Webinar on developing potential taxonomies beyond green activities
This webinar will present the state-of-play of the work so far done by the Subgroup on negative and low impact activities, and will include a panel discussion on pros and cons of an extended taxonomy in different use cases.
- 24 February: 15.30 - 17.30
Webinar on data and corporate reporting
This webinar will address some of the questions that have arisen on how to use and report on the taxonomy. Subgroup on data and usability will share their latest thinking around some of the main questions and the work in progress. The webinar will also include a discussion on data availability and treatment with data vendors and experts, as well as a discussion with different users on potential implementation and applicability of the taxonomy.
- 26 February: 10.00 - 11.30
Webinar on the process of developing taxonomy criteria for the remaining four environmental objectives
This webinar will give an insight of the Technical Working Group’s role and work within the Platform on Sustainable Finance in developing taxonomy criteria for defining substantial contribution to the environmental objectives. It will touch upon the Technical Working Group’s thinking around covered sectors and economic activities, as well as defining overall ambition levels for its work and plans for further engagement.
- 26 February: 14.00 - 16.00
Webinar on social taxonomy - how might it look
The webinar will present some of the initially thinking of Subgroup on social taxonomy. The webinar will give an insight on possible social objectives and structures for a social taxonomy, explaining the reasons why the objectives and structure are being considered and which consequence this may have for the future development of a social taxonomy.