The online workshop was organised as part of the 18th European Week of Regions and Cities, under the theme ‘Empowering citizens’.
The European Citizens’ Initiative gives EU citizens the unique opportunity to shape the legislative agenda of the EU.
- How well do you know the European Citizens' Initiative
Presentation of the European Citizens’ Initiative via an interactive quiz.
- The European Citizens’ Initiative in action
Presentation by European citizens’ initiative organisers and experts of concrete examples of successful initiatives particularly relevant to regional and local representatives and the key success factors.
- Interactive discussion on how the European Citizens’ Initiative works and how regional and local actors can be involved in the process
Panel discussion with representatives from the European Commission and civil society as well as European citizens’ initiative organisers around three main points:
- Why is the European Citizens’ Initiative important for regions and for citizens?
- How can we engage citizens locally to have an impact at EU level?
- What can regional and local actors do to support the European Citizens’ Initiative?
- Adriana Mungiu Patrascu, Policy Officer, European Commission, Belgium
- Assya Kavrakova, Executive Director, ECAS, Belgium
- Dénes András Nagy, Minority Safepack Initiative Organiser, FUEN, Hungary
- Timothée Galvaire, "End the aviation fuel tax exemption in Europe" initiative organiser, Generation Climate Europe, Belgium
- Tassos Papachristou, "End the aviation fuel tax exemption in Europe" initiative organiser, Generation Climate Europe, Belgium
- Mélissa Capiot, Campaign Coordinator, GOPA Com., Belgium
- Yana Pargova, Campaign Manager, GOPA Com., Belgium
Language: English (EN)
Link to the recording: https://euregionsweek2020-video.eu/video/my-citizens-voice-in-the-eu