The conference, by the European Commission and the European Investment Bank (EIB), took place on 4-5 June in Bucharest, Romania. The main areas covered within the conference were
- the Commission’s proposal for supporting agriculture and rural development through the CAP and financial instruments and its status
- the opportunities provided by EAFRD financial instruments for EU member states and regions
- experiences of EAFRD managing authorities in using financial instruments
- project examples supporting rural infrastructure by using EAFRD financial instruments
- the impact and results of EAFRD supported financial instruments on the development of their agricultural and agri-food economies.