As of 1 January 2019, suppliers (manufacturers, importers or authorised representatives) need to register their appliances, which require an energy label in the European Product Database for Energy Labelling (EPREL), before selling them on the European market.
Product information to be entered in the database relates to the energy label, technical documentation and compliance information. Prior to registration, suppliers need to create a EU LOGIN account.
The EPREL guidelines explains how to register as new supplier user and how to upload product models in the database.
- For products placed on the EU market between 1 August 2017 and 1 January 2019, their registration can be done until 1 July 2019.
- For products placed on the EU market before 1 August 2017, their registration is made on a voluntary basis.
The label generator is an easy-to-use tool for creating a tailor-made energy label for a product in high resolution pdf format, for printing or on-line publication.
The energy labelling requirements for individual product groups are created under the EU's Energy Labelling framework Regulation (2017/1369), in a process coordinated by the European Commission. The following product groups are subject to registration
- Air conditioners
- Cooking appliances (domestic)
- Dishwashers (household)
- Heaters (space and water heaters)
- Local space heaters
- Refrigerating appliances (household)
- Refrigeration (professional)
- Solid fuel boilers
- Tumble dryers
- Ventilation units (residential)
- Washing machines (household)
Consumers will be able to search the EPREL database for energy labels and product information sheets as of the second quarter 2019.