The LIND (Language Industry) Expert Group provides DGT with expertise on the translation industry. It is made up of influential language industry representatives and meets 3 or 4 times a year in Brussels.
It has contributed to:
- the Translating Europe Forum (TEF)
- the European Skills, Competences and Occupations Classification (ESCO)
- the selection of European Master's in Translation (EMT) programmes
- the European Language Industry Survey
- pilot projects to introduce tools and techniques to translation students.
The LIND Expert Group previously managed an online database on the language industry, but this has been removed for data protection reasons.
'Language industry' covers professionals working in
- subtitling and dubbing
- language technology tools development
- international conference organisation
- language teaching
- linguistic consultancy
Students who are studying in a European Master's in Translation (EMT) programme can apply for a work placement in the language industry.
- find companies via EUATC, GALA and ELIA member lists
- apply for a work placement (via ELIA and EUATC)
This work placement is made possible with the collaboration with our partner organisations.