The Secretariat-General of the European Commission acts as delegated controller on behalf of the European Commission for a number of personal data processing operations. The majority of these processing operations have dedicated internal or external webpages or IT applications through which data subjects are informed of the processing by means of a privacy notice.
However, a limited number of processing operations do not have a dedicated interface through which data subjects could be guided to the privacy notice. These processing operations and their respective privacy notices are listed below. Where possible, the controller in correspondence with the data subjects provides a hyperlink to the corresponding privacy notice published below.
Processing operations of the Secretariat-General and their privacy notices
- Management of petitions within the Commission
- Handling of requests for patronage addressed to the Commission of requests for patronage addressed to the Commission
- Follow-up by the European Commission of European Ombudsman inquiries
- Management of the Commission's participation in private law bodies
- Implementation and follow-up, by the European Commission's Secretariat-General, of internal investigations conducted by the European Anti-Fraud Office (OLAF)
- Implementation of the Code of Conduct for Members of the European Commission
- Management and (short and medium term) preservation of Commission documents
- Handling Parliamentary Questions
- BriefingNet (Poline, Polinet)