The Recovery and Resilience Task Force (RECOVER) was established on 16 August 2020 within the European Commission’s Secretariat-General. RECOVER is responsible for steering the implementation of the Recovery and Resilience Facility and for coordinating the European Semester. RECOVER reports to Commission President Ursula von der Leyen.
Céline Gauer is Head of RECOVER. She is supported by a Principal Advisor as well as two Directorates.
RECOVER works in close cooperation with the Commission’s Directorate-General for Economic and Financial Affairs to:
- coordinate support to the Member States in the elaboration of their recovery and resilience plans;
- engage with the Member States to ensure that the notified plans comply with the regulatory requirements set by the legislation and that the proposed reform and investment initiatives deliver on the objectives of the twin green and digital transition, of recovery and resilience;
- prepare the necessary implementing acts for the approval of the plans;
- assess the progress made by the Member States in the implementation of the plans and analyse the periodic reports provided for by the legislation;
- coordinate the European Semester in this period of time.
More information on the Commission’s efforts in the fight against the coronavirus and its support to the EU recovery can be found here.
Recovery and Resilience Facility
The Recovery and Resilience Facility makes available €723.8 billion (in current prices) in loans (€385.8 billion) and grants (€338 billion) to support reforms and investments undertaken by Member States. The aim is to mitigate the economic and social impact of the coronavirus pandemic and make European economies and societies more sustainable, resilient and better prepared for the challenges and opportunities of the green and digital transitions. The RRF entered into force on 19 February 2021. More information, the latest news and background documents can be found here:
Leadership and organisation
Head of Task Force
Principal Advisor and European Semester Coordinator
Eric von Breska
Maria Teresa Fabregas Fernandez
- Media contact for questions relating to the work of RECOVER:
Ms. Veerle Nuyts
Tel. +32 (0) 2 29 96302
- Contact for non-media questions relating to the work of RECOVER or the implementation of the Recovery and Resilience Facility: