Developing a digital hub
The Commission is committed to creating a DIGITAL POLE in Luxembourg. This has three threads:
- locating more digital services together
- encouraging cooperation between European Commission services in Luxembourg on concrete digital projects
- developing cooperation with the Luxembourg authorities.
Through these, the digital pole aims to
- build up a critical mass of knowledge and expertise in Luxembourg
- improving cooperation across the European Commission’s services
- produce more high quality innovative and practical digital solutions for individuals, EU public administrations, industry, and the EU institutions.
The digital pole brings together different European Commission services with complementary roles of policy and implementation, and supports a wide range of interested groups, including the digital research & innovation communities, and public administrations. Cooperation currently focusses on four priority areas:
- digital infrastructures
- data economy
- modernizing public services
- digital solutions