Who is it for
If you have been invited to an interview or a medical appointment related to a REA recruitment procedure, or a hearing in the context of evaluations, you may be entitled to a reimbursement of travel expenses.
If you are a candidate for recruitment, we highly advise you to carefully read the REA's rules on the reimbursement of these expenses before making any travel arrangements. If you have any questions on the rules, you can at anytime address them to the REA.
If you travel to a hearing in the context of evaluations, please take into account the reimbursement modalities outlined in the invitation letter.
If you are traveling to Brussels from outside of the EU, you need to consult the REA beforehand on your travel plans.
In no circumstances, will you be reimbursed for cancellation insurances, flight changes fees, taxis, parking fees and urban transport expenses.
Note that you are entitled to claim the reimbursement within 30 days after the completion of the travel.
Documents required for claiming the expenses
For claiming the reimbursement of travel expenses you need to provide scans of the following documents:
- Flight or train ticket invoice confirming the traveling time and payment – if applicable
- Train/bus tickets for travel to and from the airport – if applicable
- Accommodation invoice confirming the timeframe of the stay and payment – if applicable
- Legal Entity Form (duly completed, signed and dated) – Download form
- Passport or identity card (depending on how you completed the Legal Entity Form)
- Financial Identification Form (duly completed, signed and dated) – Download form
Please note that this document needs to be less than 6 months old. It has to have a readable bank stamp or it needs to be accompanied by a copy of a bank statement clearly mentioning the name of the bank, you as the account holder and the IBAN number.