About this consultation
Targeted e-survey to stakeholders members of the civil dialogue groups concerned and expert groups attached to them, of the boards the agricultural markets observatories and of the expert group on agricultural commodities. In addition, a discussion of the issue will be organised in the different expert groups mentioned above during the first semester of 2019.
Objective of the consultation
The European Commission is engaging in a consultation with stakeholders to identify ways to increase trading in euro, especially in the context of transactions at exchanges in Europe and direct transactions between European companies.
- Depending on the agri-food products, which share of commercial transactions in international trade (extra EU) and/or intra EU trade (within or without Eurozone) is happening in euro?
- How frequent is trading on agricultural commodities exchanges in euro?
- What are the barriers to higher level of trading agricultural commodities and agrifood products in euro?
- What would be the benefits and downsides to trade more agricultural commodities and agrifood products in euro?
- What actions could be taken to increase trading agricultural commodities and agrifood products in Euro?
- by the legislators (EU and national levels)
- at company level (agricultural commodity, sellers, traders, users…)
- at financial institutions/exchanges level
- at farmer level
Staff working document on the role of the euro in international trade of agricultural and food commodities by summer 2019.