About this consultation
All private citizens, organisations, companies and authorities are welcome to contribute to this consultation. In particular, contributions are sought from
- Public authorities at local, regional, national and European level
- Representatives of consumer organisations
- Representatives of trade unions
- Representatives of environmental organisations
- Representatives of road safety organisations
- Research institutes
- Vehicle manufacturers and organisations representing the automotive industry
- Automotive equipment manufacturers and organisations representing the suppliers industry, including SMEs involved in the supply chain
Objective of the consultation
The EU Regulations on vehicle safety aim to protect drivers, passengers, pedestrians and cyclists that can be hit by a vehicle during an accident. The current Commission initiative aims to further decrease the number of road fatalities and injuries. To achieve this, amendments or new requirements could be proposed for the General Safety Regulation and the Pedestrian Safety Regulation. In these proposals, there is a focus on vulnerable road users including children and the elderly.
There are 19 specific vehicle safety measures under consideration for the possible update of the General Safety Regulation and the Pedestrian Safety Regulation. These measures are to introduce new standard equipment and improved safety performance of vehicles and have the potential to save lives on EU roads, by becoming mandatory features on cars, light commercial vehicles, buses, trucks and trailers.
The purpose of the stakeholder consultation is to gather stakeholder views on the best means to improve current vehicle safety measures, to complement existing studies in this field.
How to submit your response
Please note that for transparency and efficiency of the consultation process, we encourage respondents to use the online questionnaire to submit their responses.
Because of the nature of certain specific questions, there are separate questionnaires for the respective different target groups.
View the questionnaire
The questionnaire is available in 6 languages via the links below. Replies may be submitted in any of the official EU languages.
Would you like to reply as a road user (individual user, company or organisation)?
Do you represent a company or an organisation?
Do you represent a public authority?
- Unit C4 specific privacy statementUnit C4 specific privacy statement