About this consultation
The Commission will publish the replies shortly after the end of the consultation period. A link to the results will be published on the digital single market consultations page.
- Social media platforms
- News organisations (broadcasters, print, news agencies, online media and fact-checkers)
- Civil society organisations
Objective of the consultation
The results of the public consultation will help assess the effectiveness of current actions by market players and other stakeholders, the need for scaling them up and introducing new actions to address different types of fake news.
The consultation will collect information on:
- Definition of fake information and their spread online
- Assessment of measures already taken by platforms, news media companies and civil society organisations to counter the spread of fake information online
- Scope for future actions to strengthen quality information and prevent the spread of disinformation online.
How to submit your response
You can reply in any EU language.
At any time you can save your draft and return to it later. Your contribution is downloadable once you submit your answers.
Accessibility for persons with disabilities
The online questionnaire meets the standards in the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).