About this consultation
This consultation aims to collect contributions from all interested parties, stakeholders, organisations and citizens in general who are potentially affected by the directive’s functioning or by any modifications potentially made to it. Contributions are particularly sought from:
- institutions of national authorities
- enterprises, business professionals, and business associations or organisations
- consumer organisations, trade unions, research and academic institutions, and individual citizens
Objective of the consultation
The European Commission is evaluating the performance of the current legislation on noise emission in the environment by equipment for use outdoors: the Outdoor Noise Directive 2000/14/EC, which covers some 57 types of outdoor machinery, such as those used on construction sites or in parks and gardens.
At the same time, based on information received so far, we are also considering the possibility of developing a legislative proposal to revise the directive, taking into consideration the EU legislative framework on the health and safety of products in the internal market, and the technical progress and most recent developments in this industrial sector. More information on the possible revision can be found in the inception impact assessment on the revision of Directive 2000/14/EC.
How to submit your response
Please note that in order to ensure a fair and transparent consultation process only responses received through the online questionnaire will be taken into account and included in the summary report.
The online questionnaire will allow respondents to upload a document, such as a position paper. This document will be published together with the response.
Please read the specific privacy statement for information on how your personal data and contribution will be dealt with.
View the questionnaire
- Study on the suitability of the current scope and limit values of Directive 2000/14/EC relating to noise emission in the environment by equipment for use outdoorsStudy on the suitability of the current scope and limit values of Directive 2000/14/EC relating to noise emission in the environment by equipment for use outdoors
- Strategy for the public consultation on an evaluation and possible revision of the Outdoor Noise Directive 2000/14/ECStrategy for the public consultation on an evaluation and possible revision of the Outdoor Noise Directive 2000/14/EC
- Background document on the outdoor noise directiveBackground document on the outdoor noise directive