About this consultation
All citizens and organisations are welcome to contribute to this consultation. In particular, contributions from the following rural development programmes beneficiaries are sought for:
- individual citizens of rural areas
- national public authorities
- regional public authorities
- business organisations (including associations, chambers of commerce, etc.)
- non-governmental and civil society organisations
- other public institutions
Objective of the consultation
The European Union (EU) rural development programmes (RDPs) benefit from substantial amounts of EU funding and are subject to regular evaluations in order to improve their performance and ensure the best possible use of public financing.
The results of this consultation will be used by the European Commission for drawing the evaluation conclusions which on their side will feed into the preparation of the common agricultural policy for the post-2020 period.