About this consultation
All citizens, administrations, associations and other organisations with an interest in vaccination and health policy, public health, healthcare in Europe and globally are welcome to contribute to this consultation.
Objective of the consultation
Vaccine preventable diseases are major health scourges. Due to their cross-border nature and the challenges to national vaccination programmes, there is need for common EU action and more coordinated approaches to limit the spread of epidemics and cross border diseases. There is clear added-value to strengthen cooperation among all relevant actors at EU level, including health authorities, vacine industry, research and innovation, healthcare sector and others.
In mid-2018, the European Commission will adopt a proposal for a Council Recommendation on Strengthened Cooperation against Vaccine Preventable Diseases. The objective of this public consultation is to collect the views and input of citizens, administrations, associations and other relevant organisations to feed into the process of drafting a proposal for the Council Recommendation.
How to submit your response
Respondents are invited to take part in the consultation by completing the online questionnaire provided. The questionnaire is available in all EU languages.
View the questionnaire
Please click here to fill in the questionnaire.
- The roadmap for a 'Council Recommendation on Strengthened cooperation against vaccine preventable diseases, published on 4 December
- The Report on the implementation of the Decision No 1082/2013/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 22 October 2013 on serious cross-border threats to heatlh (December 2015)
- The European Court of Auditors, Special report No 28/2016: “Dealing with serious cross-border threats to health in the EU: important steps taken but ore needs to be done” (December 2016)
- Digital Single Market mid-term review (potential of big data and high performance computing for infectious diseases outbreaks) (May 2017)
- Council Recommendation on seasonal influenza vaccination (2009)
- Council conclussions on childhood immunisation (2011)
- Council conclusions on vaccination as an effective tool in public health (2014)
Protection of personal data
See the rules on personal data protection on EUROPA
Specific privacy statement
In the interests of transparency, administrations, associations and other organisations have been invited to provide the public with relevant information about themselves by registering in the EU's Transparency Register and subscribing to its Code of Conduct. If the organisation is not registered, the submission is published separately from the registered organisations.
Read the specific privacy statement.
Links from this website to external websites
The European Commission is not responsible for the contents of external websites referred to from this webpage.
Linking to external websites from this webpage should not be taken as an endorsement of any kind by the European Commission.
The Commission also reserves the right to exclude any website due to its lack of suitability for inclusion.
Publication of results of this consultation
Any submission made by you on this website represents an agreement that the data you submitted will be used by the European Commission for the purposes of the 'Council Recommendation on Strengthened Cooperation against Vaccine Preventable Diseases'. This means that your contributions may be published individually or be part of a synthesis and referred to as meaningful example. Following your submission you also understand that you authorise the European Commission to reproduce, translate, print, publish and make available your contributions in print and electronic format and permit others to use the content or parts of it in accordance with Commission Decision of 12 December 2011 on the reuse of Commission Documents.
Directorate-General for Health and Food Safety (SANTE)
Principal Advisor for Health and Crisis management
Functional Mailbox: SANTE-CONSULT-VACCINATION-TASK-FORCE@ec.europa.eu