About this consultation
Responses to this consultation
View the contributions
Replies from respondents registered in the Transparency Register
Replies from others
Please note that the replies of the 24 respondents who requested to maintain their confidentiality are not published here.
A number of stakeholders provided additional contributions.
The Commission will summarise the replies after the end of the consultation period. The results will be taken into account when preparing the COSME interim evaluation report.
The general public and all stakeholders, in particular
- small and medium-sized companies (SMEs)
- SMEs stakeholders including SME business organisations
- public authorities
The Commission will consult representatives of COSME countries’ public administrations and key SME stakeholders separately. Nevertheless, we encourage them to also contribute to this public consultation.
Objective of the consultation
This public consultation is part of the interim evaluation of the COSME Programme.
COSME is Europe’s Programme for the Competitiveness of Enterprises and Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs). It started in 2014 and lasts until 2020 with a financial envelope of €2.3 billion.
The programme encompasses several actions to reach its 4 objectives, which are to
- improve access to finance for SMEs through dedicated financial instruments
- help SMEs' access to markets mainly through the Enterprise Europe Network (EEN), the IPR SME helpdesks and Your Europe Business portal
- foster a favourable environment for enterprises and competitiveness for business creation and growth by reducing administrative burden, supporting smart and SME-friendly regulation, modernising industries and facilitating SMEs' access to public procurement
- promote entrepreneurship mainly by offering mentoring or tailored schemes to entrepreneurs
The regulation establishing the COSME programme states that “by 2018 at the latest, the Commission shall establish an interim evaluation report”.
The report will:
- assess the programme at mid-term
- contribute to improving the implementation
- provide an evidence-base for future activities and initiatives
The evaluation covers the activities from 2014 to 2016 for the EU countries and the COSME participating countries.
How to submit your response
Please note that only responses received through the online questionnaire are included in the summary report of the public consultation.
You can, however, send documents, such as position papers, to the contact e-mail and these will be taken into account for the interim evaluation report. They will be published together with the responses to the questionnaire.
In the interest of transparency, organisations are invited to provide the public with relevant information about themselves by registering in the Transparency Register and subscribing to its Code of Conduct. If the organisation is not registered, the submission is published separately from the registered organisations.
View the questionnaire
The questionnaire is available in all the EU official languages except Irish.
- Regulation (EU) No 1287/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 December 2013 establishing a Programme for the Competitiveness of Enterprises and small and medium-sized enterprises (COSME) (2014 - 2020) and repealing Dec. No 1639/06/ECRegulation (EU) No 1287/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 December 2013 establishing a Programme for the Competitiveness of Enterprises and small and medium-sized enterprises (COSME) (2014 - 2020) and repealing Dec. No 1639/06/EC
- Specific privacy statementSpecific privacy statement