About this consultation
This consultation is addressed to the following groups of stakeholders:
- National customs administrations in European Member States and other national authorities that rely on customs to control or implement their policies at the border;
- Economic operators dealing with cross-border movement of goods;
- National, European and/or international trade and business associations;
- IT experts;
- Data protection authorities and officers;
- Academia, research institutes and think tanks;
- International organisations related to international trade and customs;
- Professional consultancies;
- Non-governmental organisations;
Objective of the consultation
The consultation aims to provide the stakeholders involved in the cross-border movement of goods and the wider public with the opportunity to express their views on all elements covered by the impact assessment: problem definition and respective drivers/root causes; the issue of subsidiarity and the added value of an EU level intervention; preliminary options for measures/policy packages; likely impacts of each option.
Both qualitative (opinions, views, perceptions, suggestions) and quantitative information (data, statistics) will be sought from stakeholders.
How to submit your response
You can reply to the questionnaire by clicking on the box 'Answer the questionnaire', below.
The questionnaire takes about 30 minutes to complete. The questionnaire is accessible in all official EU languages.
Some questions require expert knowledge and you are welcome to answer only some of the questions included. At the end of the questionnaire you will have the possibility to upload a document/position paper.