About this consultation
Contributions received: 89 (email), 65 (survey), 154 in total.
All citizens and organisations were welcome to contribute to this consultation. Contributions were particularly sought from stakeholders, private and public, as well as international governmental and non-governmental organisations.
Objective of the consultation
The aim of this consultation was to gather input on how the EU could contribute to achieving better international governance of oceans and seas to the benefit of sustainable blue growth. On the basis of the results and other sources of data and information, the European Commission will consider how best to develop a more coherent, comprehensive and effective EU policy on improving the international ocean governance framework.
- Developing the international dimension of the integrated maritime policy of the European Union (COM(2009)536)
- Towards an integrated maritime policy for better governance in the Mediterranean (COM(2009)466)
- Directive establishing a framework for maritime spatial planning (2014/89/EU)
- Contribution of the Marine Strategy Framework Directive (2008/56/EC) to the implementation of environmental protection in marine waters (COM/2012/0662)
- International ocean governance webpage