Statistical Annex of European Economy
The Statistical annex to European Economy gives long time series for a selection of important macro-economic variables, both by variable and by country.
General government data
Monitoring budgetary policy and public finances of EU Member States is a major activity of the European Commission through its Directorate General for Economic and Financial Affairs.
This includes :
- the assessment of stability and convergence programmes presented regularly by Member States,
- the identification of an excessive government deficit realised by a Member State,
- and the evaluation of the contribution of public finances to economic growth and employment.
The statistical tables on general government data include historical series and the latest economic forecasts of the European Commission. Tables are derived from AMECO, the macroeconomic working database of the Directorate General for Economic and Financial Affairs. The original main data source is Eurostat, the statistical office of the European Union.
- General government data tables show the yearly unadjusted time-series for the general government transactions and balances of Member States and the EU/Euro area as a whole.
- Cyclical adjustment of budget balances shows for the general government of each Member State and the EU/Euro area as a whole: total revenue, total expenditure and net lending or borrowing.
For each of these accounts, actual data, the cyclical component and cyclically adjusted data are presented. Actual GDP, potential GDP, trend GDP and output gaps are also presented.