Adopting EU directives into national law
The EU's financial reform includes a significant number of directives. EU countries have to transpose them into national law and communicate the measures adopted to the European Commission. The Commission verifies if transpositions are correct and complete, and takes action if necessary to ensure proper transposition. You can find more general information on the Commission’s monitoring and enforcement .
The Commission supports EU countries in the transposition process and monitors the adoption of the national measures required. An overview of the status of the transposition of directives in the financial sector is provided below.
Full transposition status
The full transposition status bar below shows the progress of transposition measures as reported by EU countries. It is regularly updated when the EU countries communicate their transposition measures to the Commission. It shows to what extent EU countries have adopted the necessary measures by the regulatory deadline.
Full transposition status (100%) is granted when all EU countries have notified transposition measures that they consider to be complete. The Commission may open infringement proceedings in case of late communication of those measures and in case of incomplete or incorrect transposition. More details are provided in the Commission's enforcement action below.
- Accounting directive (2013/34/EU)
- Accounting directive (Accession of Croatia) (2014/102/EU)
- AIFMD - Alternative investment fund managers directive (2011/61/EU)
- AMLD IV - Anti-money laundering directive IV (2015/849/EU)
- AMLD V - Anti-money laundering directive V (2018/843/EU)
- Audit directive (2014/56/EU)
- BRRD - Bank recovery and resolution directive (2014/59/EU)
- BRRD amending directive - Banking creditors’ hierarchy directive, amending the Bank recovery and resolution directive (2017/2399/EU)
- CRD IV - Capital requirements directive (2013/36/EU)
- Credit ratings - Over-reliance on credit ratings directive (2013/14/EU)
- Deposit guarantee schemes directive (2014/49/EU)
- FICOD - Financial conglomerates directive (2011/89/EU)
- IDD - Insurance distribution directive (2016/97/EU)
- IORP 2 - Occupational retirement provisions directive
- MAD - Market abuse directive (2015/2392/EU)
- MIFID II - Markets in Financial instruments directive II (2014/65/EU)
- Mortgage credit directive (2014/17/EU)
- NFRD - Non-financial reporting directive (2014/95/EU)
- Omnibus I directive (2010/78/EU)
- Omnibus II directive (2014/51/EU)
- PAD - Payment accounts directive (2014/92/EU)
- PSD 2 - Payment services directive (2015/2366/EU)
- Solvency II amending directive (2019/2177/EU)
- Solvency II directive (2009/138/EC)
- Transparency directive (2013/50/EU)
- UCITS directive (2014/91/EU)
- UCITS implementing directive (2010/44/EU)