Know your rights
The arts and scientific research shall be free of constraint. Academic freedom shall be respected.
This right is enshrined in article 13 of the Charter of Fundamental Rights.
What to do if your rights have been breached
The authorities of EU countries are bound to comply with the Charter of fundamental rights only when implementing EU law. Fundamental rights are protected by your country's constitution.
Chapter 2 of the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights is on freedoms. This chapter also contains the following rights
- right to liberty and security
- respect for private and family life
- protection of personal data
- right to marry and right to found a family
- freedom of thought, conscience and religion
- freedom of expression and information
- freedom of assembly and of association
- freedom of the arts and sciences
- right to education
- freedom to choose an occupation and right to engage in work
- freedom to conduct a business
- right to property
- right to asylum
- protection in the event of removal, expulsion or extradition