Studies, managerial structures and activities for the establishment of Rail Freight Corridor 2
Rail Freight Corridor 2 connects the Netherlands, Belgium, the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, France and Switzerland. It links two key European ports (Rotterdam and Antwerp) passing through major industrial areas until Lyon and Basel.
The Action concerns the studies and managerial structures and activities for the establishment of Rail Freight Corridor 2 Rotterdam-Antwerp-Luxembourg-Metz-Dijon-Lyon/(Basel) in line with the provisions of Regulation (EU) 913/2010. In particular, the Action aims at establishing a fully operational rail freight corridor, providing optimal rail freight transport, increasing rail transport competitiveness and bringing socio-economic and environmental benefits to the concerned countries.
The main objectives of the Action are:
1) Set up the rail freight corridor governance structures, including the Management Board and the Advisory Groups;
2) Draw up an investment plan;
3) Implement the main operational activities of the rail freight corridor;
4) Create a corridor oriented paths catalogue and a one stop shop for the allocation of such prearranged paths;
5) Provide full transparency about the description of the corridor infrastructure and the services it provides.
This project has been completed.
Total project cost covered by this Decision:
Percentage of EU support:
Download the Info Sheet about this project:
.pdf (273 KB)
This project was also the subject of a press release issued by the Agency.
Member States involved:
Luxembourg, Belgium, The Netherlands, France
Start date: April 2012
End date: December 2014
Beneficiary & Implementing body: