RB Rail AS (Latvia)
The Action is the third phase of the pre-identified, cross-border "Rail Baltica" (RB) project connecting the three Baltic States with Central Europe along the North Sea-Baltic Corridor. The aim of the Rail Baltica Global Project (Tallinn-Riga-Kaunas-Warszawa axis) is to develop a new, standard gauge, double-track, electrified railway line to eliminate the technical bottleneck due to the gauge differences (1,520 mm vs. EU 1,435 mm).
The aim of this Action is to:
(1) continue with the construction activities in Lithuania on the Kaunas-Latvian border section and start the preparatory works on the Pärnu-Latvian border section in Estonia;
(2) continue the design phase and consolidating the designs at Global Project level;
(3) identify which infrastructure components, inputs and resources are more cost-efficient to be procured in a consolidated fashion, as well as carry out thorough supplier market assessments to determine optimal procurement and deployment strategies;
(4) prepare grounds for taking decision on the infrastructure manager of the built infrastructure;
(5) increase the performance of the Global Project by moving towards an effective Rail Baltica Project governance setup.