Set up in November 2008, the EMN National Contact Point Luxembourg (LU EMN NCP) consists of experts who bring together their knowledge in the field of migration and asylum, particularly on aspects concerning policymaking, law, research and statistics. The coordination role has been attributed to the University of Luxembourg thus emphasizing the research approach of the work, and the current team is composed of one half-time coordination position and four full-time research associates with different academic backgrounds.
Besides its national contributions to the annual EMN Work Programmes, the LU EMN NCP organizes annual conferences, national workshops and updates a database related to national migration asylum case law.
In carrying out its work programme the LU EMN NCP counts on the active participation of its national network, which is composed of: Members of the national network (LU EMN NCP):
- University of Luxembourg (Coordination)
- Luxembourg Reception and Integration Agency (OLAI/Ministry for Family Affairs and Integration), also Representative in the EMN’s Steering Board Committee
- Directorate of Immigration (Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
- CEFIS - Centre for Intercultural and Social Studies and Training – civil society organization
- CEPS/INSTEAD - Centre for Population, Poverty and Public Policy Studies – research institute
- STATEC- National Institute for Statistics and Economic Studies