CoU becomes CERIS
Aiming to facilitate interactions within the security research community and users of research outputs, in 2014 the Commission established the Community of Users for Safe, Secure and Resilient Societies (CoU). This informal platform included around 1,500 registered stakeholders (policy makers, end-users, academia, industry and civil society) and regularly held thematic events with the security research community.
In light of the forthcoming Horizon Europe developments between 2021-2027, the CoU has enlarged its scope to become the Community for European Research and Innovation for Security (CERIS).
The objectives of CERIS are to
- analyse identified capability needs and gaps in the corresponding areas
- identify solutions available to address the gaps
- translate capability gaps and potential solutions into research needs
- identify funding opportunities and synergies between different funding instruments
- identify standardisation research-related needs
- integrate the views of citizens