The body of common rights and obligations that is binding on all EU States. It is constantly evolving and comprises:
- the content, principles and political objectives of the Treaties,
- legislation adopted pursuant to the Treaties and the case law of the Court of Justice
- declarations and resolutions adopted by the Union,
- instruments under the Common Foreign and Security Policy,
- instruments under Justice and Home Affairs,
- international agreements concluded by the EU and those entered into by EU States among themselves within the sphere of the Union's activities.