A process to strengthen cooperation in migration management between the European Union (EU) and 19 partner countries to the East (the Western Balkans, Eastern Europe, Turkey, Russia, Central Asia and Southern Caucasus).
1. This process follows a ministerial conference in Prague in April 2009, at the initiative of the CZ in conjunction with HU, SK, PL and RO.
2. Its activities extend across five areas:
(1) combating irregular migration;
(2) readmission, voluntary return and reintegration;
(3) legal migration;
(4) integration; and
(5) migration and development.
The process takes a comprehensive, balanced, pragmatic and operational approach, respecting the rights and human dignity of migrants and their family members, as well as of refugees.
3. For more information, see the website of the Prague Process.