"Right to health, right to life" - High Level Meeting on HIV and Human Rights in the European Union and its neighbouring countries, 27-28 May 2013
The high-level meeting on HIV and Human Rights, co-organised by the European Commission and UNAIDS, is meant to promote and protect human rights and move towards zero discrimination for people living with or affected by HIV in the EU and neighbouring countries.
- Agenda of the meeting
- Health-EU newsletter - Right to health, right to life – HIV and human rights
- eNews: "High level meeting on HIV and Human Rights, 27-28 May, Brussels"
- Discussion paper - Right to Health, Right to Life: Why We Need to Act Now on HIV and Human Rights
- Picture gallery
- Speech by Commissioner Borg: "HIV AIDS and Human Rights: The urgent need to overcome stigma and discrimination"
- Recorded opening speeches: "Right to health, right to life"
- Recorded opening speech - Luiz Loures, UNAIDS Deputy Executive Director
- Final remarks by the Chair, Michael Cashman, MEP
Speeches and presentations
- Speech - Making laws right - promoting enabling legal frameworks for HIV and human rights
Claudiu Ciprian TANASESCU
Member of the European Parliament
- Speech - Health, HIV policies &Fight against discrimination
Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Health and Social Affairs, Belgium
- Access to HIV prevention, treatment and care in Europe Barriers and solutions
Roberto Bertollini MD MPH,
Chief Scientist and WHO Representative to the EU, WHO Regional Office for Europe
- People living with HIV stigma index Estonia: advocacy initiatives and results
Jekaterina Voinova, Igor Sobolev, Julian Hows
The Estonian Network of PLWH (Global Network of People Living with HIV)
- Access to health for people who inject drugs (PWIDs) and prisoners in Eastern Europe and Central Asia (EECA) (Slide comments)
Eurasian Harm Reduction Network (EHRN)