The Companion Report draws cross-cutting conclusions from the Country Health Profiles. These highlight shared policy objectives across the EU countries, and reveal potential areas where the European Commission can be of help in facilitating mutual learning and exchange of good practice.
The Commission's Companion Report, published alongside the Country Health Profiles, is made up of two parts. The first deals with themes that are prominent across the Country Health Profiles, such as:
- The shift towards health promotion and disease prevention
- A stronger role for primary care
- A rethink on fragmented service delivery
- Proactive planning and forecasting in the health workforce
- Better patient-centred data across the EU
The second part of the report features key findings from the Country Health Profiles prepared by the OECD and the European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies.