Hearing on breast implants in relation to anaplastic large cell lymphoma
Hearing on the SCHEER preliminary Opinion
on the safety of breast implants in relation to anaplastic large cell lymphoma (BIA-ALCL)
16 November 2020, 10:30 – 15:25
On 16 November 2020, the Scientific Committee on Health, Environmental and Emerging Risks (SCHEER) organised a Hearing via audio connection on the preliminary Opinion on the safety of breast implants in relation to anaplastic large cell lymphoma (BIA-ALCL).
The request made to the SCHEER for such scientific opinion is available here.
A public consultation on the preliminary Opinion is running from 23 October to 7 December 2020 at https://ec.europa.eu/health/scientific_committees/consultations/public_consultations/scheer_consultation_09_en.
The Hearing aims to complement the public consultation to gather specific comments, suggestions and explanations or contributions on the scientific basis of the Opinion.
- Mandate to the SCHEER, European Commission, DG SANTE
- SCHEER preliminary Opinion on BIA-ALCL
- The EUSOMA perspective and proposed actions, EUSOMA (European Society of Breast Specialists)
- Is Breast Implant Associated - Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma associated to textured implants? G.RE.TA (group of reconstruction and therapeutical advancement)
- Over 30 years personal experience with micro polyurethane surface (MPS) breast implants in aesthetic and reconstructive surgery, Klinik für Senologie, Osnabrück
- Hypotheses and Evidence, G&G Biotechnology Ltd
- Outcomes and knowledge gained from vigilance and surveillance activities on BIA-ALCL issue carried out by the competent authority: A 7-year report, Italian Ministry of Health
- Weighing risk versus benefit of Breast implants. Standards of Care is the Gold Standard, Vrij University Brussel (VUB)
- Same surface, different risk - focusing on roughness is not the right approach, Polytech Health & Aesthetics GmbH
- Risks/Benefit Perspectives on Textured Breast Implants in Relation to BIA-ALCL, LSCI
- How two breast implant manufacturers demonstrate the safety profile of breast implants, GC Aesthetics