Scientific Committee on Consumer Safety (SCCS)
The Committee provides opinions on health and safety risks (chemical, biological, mechanical and other physical risks) of non-food consumer products (e.g. cosmetic products and their ingredients, toys, textiles, clothing, personal care and household products) and services (e.g. tattooing, artificial sun tanning).
- List of members (with CVs and declarations).
- Members can be contacted via the Secretariat.
- The declarations of working group-members and other supporting experts are published after an opinion has been adopted.
Opinions and statements
At the end of the risk assessment process, the Committee adopts opinions. The Committee can also, at its own initiative, publish statements on specific topics.
Opinions in plain language
For some opinions – of direct relevance to the public – a plain-language version is produced for non-specialists.
- Rules of procedure of the Scientific Committees
- the stakeholder dialogue procedure is set out in Annex IV of that document
SANTE-C2-SCCS AT ec.europa.eu
Former Scientific Committees