Call for experts
Call for experts
The European Commission has requested the Scientific Committee on Health, Environmental and Emerging Risks (SCHEER), to update the scientific Opinion on the need for non-human primates in biomedical research, production and testing of products and devices.
The mandate can be found here.
The SCHEER has identified a need for external experts for a SCHEER working group on non-human primates testing in order to help the SCHEER to develop this Opinion.
Specific expertise in the following areas is needed:
- fundamental research involving non-human primates
- pre-clinical studies using non-human primates
- animal welfare/animal protection, especially in relation to non-human primates
- alternative methods in biomedical research, production and testing of products and devices aiming at replacement, reduction and refinement of methods using non-human primates
- ethics in relation to the use of non-human primates.
Good knowledge of English is required as the working language will be English.
This call for experts is launched according to the Rules of procedure of the Scientific Committees ensuring transparency and equal opportunities for highly qualified and specialised scientific experts.
Applications from interested candidates should be submitted online. Only properly completed online applications will be considered.
The closing date for the applications is 3 July 2016, 23:59. However the call for experts will remain open after this date and additional experts may be selected at a later stage, if needed.
The successful candidates will be required to read and accept the conditions for external experts as explained in detail in the Rules of procedure of the Scientific Committees.
Please read the Privacy statement before submitting your application. Should you need help, please contact: SANTE-C2-SCHEER@ec.europa.eu