EU Health Policy Platform annual meeting (Brussels, 17 October 2019)
The EU Health Policy Platform annual meeting took place on 17 October 2019.
The 2019 EU Health Award Ceremony kicked off the annual meeting with the Commissioner for Health and Food Safety, Vytenis Andriukaitis, who announced the winners of the three categories of the 2019 EU Health Award for cities, NGOs and schools seeking to prevent and reduce obesity in children and young people.
The afternoon session was fully dedicated to stakeholders’ activities, such as discussions about current and future EU health priorities and presentations of the 2019 and 2020 Joint Statements. Several organisations from across Europe presented their annual position papers they have been working on in their 2019 Thematic Networks. There were also discussions around the six potential 2020 Joint Statements.
Points of the agenda and presentations
2019 EU Health Award for cities, NGOs and schools seeking to prevent and reduce obesity in children and young people.
Presentation: shortlisted and winners 2019 EU Health Award
Shortlisted and winners reports, audio-visual material of the Award Ceremony
2019 Thematic Network Cycle
Final Joint Statements are calling for endorsement – contact the leaders until 6 November!
- Joint Statement “Healthcare in cross-border regions”
led by EUREGHA
Speaker/leader: Valentina Polylas, European Regional and Local Health Authorities (EUREGHA) and Julia Winkler, Healthacross Initiative
- Joint Statement “Improving Organ Donation and Transplantation in the EU”
led by EKHA
Speaker/leader: Raymond Vanholder, European Kidney Health Alliance (EKHA)
- Joint Statement “Nobody Left Outside: Improving access to healthcare for vulnerable and marginalised groups”
Led by Nobody Left Outside
Speaker/leader: Luca Stevenson, International Committee on the Rights of Sex Workers in Europe – ICRSE, and Roberto Pérez Gayo, Correlation Network
- Joint Statement “Improving INtegrated people-centered Health CAre SOlutions (INCASO)”
led by ProMIS:
Speakers/leaders: Nicola Scomparin, Mattone Internazionale Salute Programme (ProMIS)
2020 Thematic Network Cycle
- Proposal on “Colorectal Cancer Screening in the European Union”
Speaker: Stefan Gijssels Digestive Cancers Europe
- Proposal on “Digital skills for future-proof doctors (Digital Doc)”
Speaker: Andrea Woltman, Erasmus MC, University Medical Centre Rotterdam
- Proposal on “Profiling and training the health care workers of the future”
Speaker: Lucia Medori, Health First Europe (HFE) and Michele Calabrò, European Health Management Association (EHMA)
- Proposal on “Interprofessional Education for Digital Skills” David Smith, International Network of Health Workforce Education
Speaker: David Smith, International Network of Health Workforce Education and Lesley Diack, Robert Gordon University and INHWE Board Member
- Proposal on “A human rights-based approach to task-shifting: the role of peer workers”
Speaker: Claudia Marinetti, Mental Health Europe (MHE) and Martijn Kole, Lister and Founder of Enik Recovery College
Presentation of the EU ACTION ON CANCER
- Speaker: Barbara Kerstiens, Head of Unit, Combatting diseases, DG Research & Innovation and Stefan Schreck, Head of Unit, Health programme and chronic diseases, DG Health & Food Safety
The Conference was web streamed live and fully recorded.
See also the pictures of the EU Health Award Ceremony.