Nutrition and physical activity
High Level Group on Nutrition and Physical activity
The high level group on nutrition and physical activity is composed of EU (and EFTA) government representatives and is led by the European Commission. The group
- enables governments to share health and economic analysis, policy ideas and best practices and develop common approaches;
- works on priorities such as improving food products recipes, reducing children's exposure to marketing of foods high in fat, salt and sugars, physical activity, labelling and public procurement of food;
- enhances contact between governments and the EU platform for action on diet, physical activity and health, so that relevant collaboration with and between stakeholders can take place.
- facilitates the sharing of evidence, data and best practices for policy makers;
- identifies research gaps and supports health in all policies;
- works on reducing health inequalities.
The high level group can also be asked by the Commission to prepare the groundwork for relevant prevention and promotion initiatives agreed by the steering group on promotion and prevention.