Rules of the Award
1. Practices submitted under this call must not have ended before 01 January 2015. If they are on-going by the deadline of this call for applications an evaluation must have been carried out already (i.e. evaluation report available).
2. The application can be submitted from 07 April to 15 June 2018 (11.59 CET/ Brussels time).
3. In applying for the EU Health Award, the applicant accepts that he or she has read, understood and agreed with the competition rules.
4. After submitting the application, participants will receive an automatic confirmation by e-mail. Only after this confirmation, you are considered an applicant for the EU Health Award. There will be no individual confirmation e-mail regarding the eligibility of the submitted practice.
5. Shortlisted applicants might be asked to send further information on their initiative and their organisation, to be assessed in more detail by the Jury. If this information is not delivered within the time limit set in the request, the European Commission reserves the right to disqualify the applicant.
6. The European Commission reserves the right to not communicate the shortlisted applicants to the wider public until the day of the award ceremony.
7. The European Commission reserves the right to reject any application that does not comply with the requirements of the competition.
8. The European Commission reserves the right to use the practices (including photographs and illustrations) entered in the competition in publicity materials. Information on the practices submitted might also be distributed to the media, as well as being used for the promotion of the European Commission, the EU Health Policy Platform or the EU Health Award in any form.
9. The practices shortlisted as well as testimonies and/or pictures of applicants will be published in the EU Health Award page, the EU Health Policy Platform and any other suitable Commission services’ websites. It might also be shared on social networks, including information about the non-governmental body that is submitting the initiative.
10. All decisions on the merit made by the Jury are final and irrevocable.
11. The European Commission reserves the right to leave the winning or any of the two runners-up places unattributed, if applications presented do not comply with the requirements detailed above or with the expected quality.
12. The Commission shall not be held liable for any damage caused or sustained by any of the participants, including any damage caused to third parties as a consequence of or during the implementation of the activities related to the contest.
13. The participants accept that, if they are awarded a prize, the Commission, OLAF and the Court of Auditors may carry out checks and audits in relation to the contest and the received prize.
14. The contest is governed by the applicable Union law complemented, where necessary, by the law of Luxembourg. The General Court or, on appeal, the Court of Justice of the European Union, shall have sole jurisdiction to hear any dispute between the Union and any participant concerning the interpretation, application or validity of the rules of this contest regarding the procedure, if such dispute cannot be settled amicably.
15. Payment of prizes: Commission will request specific documents to the three winners in order to proceed with the payment of the prizes. The deadline for the winners to submit the requested documents is end of December 2018. Upon reception of the correct and original documents, the payment of the prize will take place within 45 days.
The winner of the competition and the two runners-up will receive:
- 1st prize: EUR 20 000
- 2nd prize: EUR 15 000
- 3rd prize: EUR 10 000
Award Ceremony and EU Health Policy Platform
All the shortlisted candidates will be invited to a specific award ceremony or to another big public health event which will include the EU Health Award Ceremony.
All applicants are encouraged to join the EU Health Policy Platform to engage in the discussions of health issues of common interest with international, European, national and regional stakeholders and the European Commission. The link to the Platform is https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/hpf/. Information about the 2018 EU Health Award for NGOs working to prevent tobacco use" will be made available on the Health Policy Platform.