2020 EU Health Award - Rules
1. Practices submitted under the 2020 EU Health Award must not have ended before 1 January 2017. These initiatives may have been terminated or may still be ongoing at the time the call for applications is launched. Practices submitted must have been implemented for long enough to have demonstrated a beneficial impact and improvements compared to the starting point.
2. The application can be submitted from 4 March 2020 to 29 April 2020 at 11.00 in the morning, CET, Brussels time. Deadline extended until 16 September 2020 at 11.00 CET (morning), Brussels time
3. In applying for the EU Health Award, the applicant accepts that he or she has read, understood and agreed with the competition rules.
4. After submitting the application, participants will be able to download or print their submitted application. Only after this confirmation, will a participant be considered to be an applicant for the EU Health Award. There will be no individual confirmation e-mail regarding the eligibility of the submitted initiative.
5. Shortlisted applicants might be asked to send further information about their initiative and their organisation, to be assessed in more detail by the Jury. If this information is not delivered within the time limit set in the request, the European Commission reserves the right to disqualify the applicant.
6. The European Commission reserves the right not to divulge the names of the shortlisted applicants to the wider public until the day of the Award ceremony.
7. The European Commission reserves the right to reject any application that does not comply with the competition requirements.
8. The European Commission reserves the right to use information about the initiatives (including photographs and illustrations) entered in the competition in publicity materials and the Commission websites. This information could also be distributed to the media, and used for the promotion of the European Commission, the EU Health Policy Platform or the EU Health Award in any form.
9. The practices shortlisted will be published in the EU Health Award page, the EU Health Policy Platform and any other suitable Commission services’ websites. They could also be shared on social networks.
10. The Jury’s decisions on the merit of these initiatives are final and irrevocable.
11. The European Commission reserves the right to leave the 2020 EU Health Award unattributed, if applications presented do not comply with the requirements detailed above or meet the expected quality.
12. The Commission shall not be held liable for any damage caused or sustained by any of the participants, including any damage caused to third parties as a consequence of or during the implementation of the activities related to the Award.
13. The participants accept that, if they are awarded the prize, the Commission, the European Anti-Fraud Office (OLAF) and the Court of Auditors may carry out checks and audits in relation to the contest and the received prize.
14. The contest is governed by the applicable European Union law complemented, and where necessary, by the law of Luxembourg. The General Court or, on appeal, the Court of Justice of the European Union, shall have sole jurisdiction to hear any dispute between the Union and any participant concerning the interpretation, application or validity of the rules of this contest, if such dispute cannot be settled amicably.
15. Payment of prizes: the Commission will request specific documents from the three shortlisted initiatives under each category of the two calls of the 2020 EU Health Award in order to proceed with the payment of the prize. The deadline for the winners to submit the requested documents is the end of November / December 2020. Upon reception of the correct and original documents, the payment of the prize will normally take place within 45 days.
16. Any questions related to the Rules of the Award should be addressed by e-mail to the following functional mailbox: email@example.com.
Answers will only be published periodically and within a reasonable period of time on the EU Health Award website. Questions submitted 7 days prior to the closing date of this call will be the last questions for which answers can be provided.
This privacy statement applies to the EU Health Award.