2020 EU Health Award
Within the general context of the EU Health Policy Platform, the 2020 EU Health Award honours cities and schools that positively impact their communities by promoting healthy lifestyle among children (6-18 years old) and NGOs, schools and kindergartens promoting vaccination in children (0-18 years old). As well as celebrating their achievements and commitment, the EU Health Award raises awareness of the vital role they play in strengthening participative democracy and active citizenship in public health.
The theme of the Award changes every year.
- In 2015, the Award recognised initiatives that helped combat the Ebola outbreak and prevent the spread of the disease.
- In 2016, it went to initiatives that helped protect human health against Antimicrobial Resistance.
- In 2017, the Health Award rewarded initiatives that contribute to a higher level of public health in the European Union through Vaccination.
- In 2018, the European Commission dedicated the fourth edition of the EU Health Award to initiatives of non-governmental organisations (NGOs) that contribute to a higher level of public health in the European Union by working to prevent tobacco use among young Europeans.
- And last year, in 2019, the Award was dedicated for the first time to initiatives of cities, NGOs and schools seeking to prevent and reduce obesity in children and young people (6-18 years).
Through this Award, the EU Health Policy Platform is also gathering good practices from these cities, NGOs, schools and kindergartens, enabling others to be inspired by them or to duplicate them in their own settings.
In this way, the Award is in alignment with the 3rd Health Programme, which also supports identification, dissemination and implementation of good practices that improve health and quality of life in a cost-efficient manner. The EU Health Award is funded under the 3rd Health Programme 2014-2020.
If you have any queries related to the EU Health Award or the EU Health Policy Platform, do not hesitate to contact us at: SANTE-HPP@ec.europa.eu.