Other organisations and associations publishing economic information of the tourism sector:
The primary goal of ETC research activities is to help the organisation and its members understand the business environment, detect new growth opportunities and formulate suitable promotional strategies.
WTTC is renowned for the global analysis of the economic importance of Travel & Tourism - its direct, indirect and induced impact globally, regionally and nationally on jobs, GDP, trade and investment.
Other tourism observatories and initiatives:
- France: veilleinfotourisme.fr
- Italy: confturismo.it
- list of tourism observatories and other initiatives
Explanation of key tourism concepts and definitions used in the VTO:
- EUROSTAT - Capacity and occupancy of tourist accommodation establishments: http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/cache/metadata/en/tour_occ_esms.htm
- EUROSTAT - LFS series metadata: http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/cache/metadata/en/lfsq_esms.htm
- EUROSTAT - Statistical classification of economic activities: http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php/Glossary:Statistical_classification_of_economic_activities_in_the_European_Community_(NACE)
- EUROSTAT - Annual data on trips of EU residents: http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/cache/metadata/en/tour_dem_esms.htm
- EUROSTAT - Manuals and Guidelines: http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/web/tourism/methodology/manuals-and-guidelines
- UNWTO – Tourism concepts and definitions: http://www2.unwto.org/content/testing-collapsed-text