This document contains the main strategic actions and orientations guiding the Regional Council’s policy intervention in the field of economic development and innovation.
The SRDEII sets out several policies to support innovation in the South Region:
- To boost the seven strategic sectors for the region and the three Key Enabling Technologies;
- To improve and increase the number of platforms dedicated to innovation;
- To reinforce the accessibility of the territory;
- To increase the broadband coverage of the territory;
- To support research infrastructures and innovative projects, such as the ITER project on nuclear fusion.
The strategy for economy, innovation and internationalisation in the South Region sets out seven strategic sectors to boost innovation in the South Region:
- Silver economy;
- Tourism, culture, lifestyle and sports;
- Renewable energies and eco-technologies;
- Maritime, ports and logistics industries;
- Aeronautics, space, naval and defence sectors;
- Agriculture, agri-food and cosmetics.
The seven strategic sectors are actively supported through programmes in support of several Key Enabling Technologies defined at the European level:
- Micro & nanoelectronics;
- Industrial biotechnology and photonics.