Jump to navigation
The ERDF-ESF operational programme for Nord-Pas de Calais has been released in 2014. Its goal is to support economic growth and to help the region to meet Europe 2020’s objective for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth. In the programme, 24% of the budget is dedicated to research, innovation and competitiveness and 26% to low-carbon economy. The region receives additional funds to organise the fight against youth unemployment. The programme has six priorities:
- Develop innovation and promote research valorisation in the smart specialisation sectors;
- Stimulate companies’ competitiveness, encouraging the creation of SMEs and support their competitiveness and growth;
- Expand broadband all over the regional territory;
- Promote sustainable development and start the shift towards low-carbon economy;
- Restore the environment and plan for climate change in order to protect the environment;
- Contribute to job creation and social cohesion, invest in life-long learning and improve access to higher education.