Jump to navigation
The responsibility for regional RTDI policy in Bavaria is currently partitioned between two main resorts: the bavarian State Ministry for Economic Affairs and Media, Energy and Technology (STMWI) and the Bavarian Ministry of Education, Culture, Science and the Arts (KM). In this context, the STMWI is responsible for most of the non-universitary research institutions (Max Plank Institutes, Fraunhofer Society, Helmholtz Association), technology transfer institutions as well as R&D and technology funding.
Major topics of the STMWI include:
• Economic Policy, Strategy;
• SMEs, handicraft enterprises and tourism;
• International economic affairs and industry;
• Digitalisation and media;
• Energy and resources;
• Innovation, Reearch and Technology;
• Structural Policy, Finance snd Investing; and
• ERDF Operational Programme.