The European Enterprise Promotion Awards reward those who promote entrepreneurship and small business at the national, regional and local level. Initiatives from all EU countries, as well as as well as Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo*, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Turkey, Armenia, Moldova, Ukraine, Iceland and the United Kingdom can take part in the competition. Since 2006, over 4,000 projects have entered the awards and together they have supported the creation of well over 10,000 new companies.
Learn about the European Enterprise Promotion Awards in your own language.
Do you want to take part? Learn how to get involved in the 2021 edition of the awards.
1. Promoting the entrepreneurial spirit - Recognises initiatives that promote an entrepreneurial mindset, especially among young people and women
2. Investing in entrepreneurial skills – Recognises initiatives that improve entrepreneurial, managerial and employee skills
3. Improving the business environment and supporting the digital transition - Recognises initiatives that make Europe attractive for starting, operating, growing and scaling a business, simplify legislative and administrative procedures, and support the digital transition of enterprises
4. Supporting the internationalisation of business - Recognises initiatives that encourage enterprises and particularly small and medium-sized businesses to benefit more from the opportunities offered by markets, both inside and outside the EU
5. Supporting the sustainable transition - Recognises initiatives that support the sustainable transition and support environmental aspects such as the circular economy, climate neutrality, clean energy, resource efficiency or biodiversity
6. Responsible and inclusive entrepreneurship - Recognises initiatives that promote corporate social responsibility among small and medium-sized enterprises and entrepreneurship among disadvantaged groups such as the unemployed, legal migrants, disabled, or people from ethnic minorities.
The Grand Jury's Prize can be from any category and will go to the entry considered to be the most creative and inspiring entrepreneurship initiative in Europe.
You can follow the awards on
You can also subscribe to our newsletter.
* This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244/1999 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo declaration of independence.