The Declaration of Performance is a key part of the Construction Products Regulation. It provides information on the performance of a product. Each construction product covered by a European harmonised standard or for which a European Technical Assessment has been issued needs this Declaration and has to be CE marked. This helps increase transparency and improves the functioning of the Single Market.
Steps that enable manufacturers to draw up the Declaration of Performance
- harmonised European standards
- European Assessment Documents
- European Technical Assessments
- Technical Assessment Bodies (TAB)
- assessment and verification of constancy of performance(AVCP)
- notified bodies
CE Marking for construction products
The CE marking indicates that a construction product is in conformity with its declared performance and that it has been assessed according to a harmonised European standard or a European Technical Assessment has been issued for it.
- The European Commission provides a list of CPR FAQs
EU countries have to inform on their rules and regulations for construction products through national contact points (341 KB).