Progress report and status report
In accordance with the CARS 21 Communication, the Commission issues an annual working paper on the major automotive-related regulatory developments and activities at the World Forum for Harmonisation of Vehicle Regulations of the UNECE. In addition, the Commission publishes an annual status report on EU accession to UNECE Regulations in the area of vehicle approval.
The Global Technical Regulations
The Global Technical Regulations are developed under the 1998 international Agreement on vehicle construction to which the EU is a Contracting Party. The Regulations cover the approval of vehicles' safety and environmental aspects. They are managed by the World Forum for Harmonization of Vehicle Regulations, a permanent working party of the UNECE. The Commission and EU countries take part in the technical preparatory work of the Forum and the Commission exercises the right to vote in the Forum on behalf of the EU.
Translation of UNECE regulations
The UNECE Regulations, which are applicable under EU law, must be translated into all official EU languages and published in the Official Journal of the European Union. Status table of the translation
- Published on 14 March 2019
- Regulation No 120 — Uniform provisions concerning the approval of internal combustion engines to be installed in agricultural and forestry tractors and in non-road mobile machinery, with regard to the measurement of the net power, net torque and specific fuel consumption
- Published on 20 February 2019
- Regulation No 58 — Uniform provisions concerning the approval of: I. Rear underrun protective devices (RUPDs) II. Vehicles with regard to the installation of an RUPD of an approved type III. Vehicles with regard to their rear underrun protection (RUP)
- Regulation No 123 - Uniform provisions concerning the approval of adaptive front-lighting systems (AFS) for motor vehicles
- Published on 15 February 2019
- Regulation No 83 — Uniform provisions concerning the approval of vehicles with regard to the emission of pollutants according to engine fuel requirements
- Published on 16 January 2019
- Regulation No 48 — Uniform provisions concerning the approval of vehicles with regard to the installation of lighting and light-signalling devices