The European Clean Hydrogen Alliance supports the large-scale deployment of clean hydrogen technologies by 2030 by bringing together renewable and low-carbon hydrogen production, demand in industry, mobility and other sectors, and hydrogen transmission and distribution. It aims to promote investments and stimulate the roll-out of clean hydrogen production and use. Set up in July 2020, the European Clean Hydrogen Alliance is part of EU efforts to ensure industrial leadership and accelerate the decarbonisation of industry in line with its climate change objectives.
What the alliance does
The European Clean Hydrogen Alliance brings together industry, public authorities, civil society and other stakeholders. Alliance members meet twice a year in the Hydrogen Forum to discuss the large-scale deployment of clean hydrogen technologies and what this requires. Six thematic working groups (roundtables) meet throughout the year and focus on the hydrogen value chain parts. See their report identifying the main barriers to the large-scale deployment of clean hydrogen and proposed mitigation measures under the related links section below.
The alliance is currently preparing a pipeline of investment projects planned by its members to deploy hydrogen technologies. The Commission collected 1052 projects from alliance members and is assessing these against a set of criteria. The objective is to present the investment pipeline featuring individual projects before the end of the year.
Who can join and how
The alliance is open to all public and private actors with activities in renewable or low-carbon hydrogen that want to meet the membership criteria and actively contribute to the objectives set out in the declaration of the alliance. To join the alliance, an organisation must sign the declaration, which commits it to share the alliance's vision and contribute to its operational work.
- 30 November 2021The Third European Hydrogen Forum
- 30 September 2021Meeting of all alliance members
- 17-18 June 2021The Second European Hydrogen Forum
- 21 May 2021Update for European Clean Hydrogen Alliance members on the projects collected and next steps
- 7 May 2021Closure of the project collection for European Clean Hydrogen Alliance investment pipeline
- 9 April 2021Launch of the project collection for European Clean Hydrogen Alliance investment pipeline
- 26-27 November 2020European Hydrogen Forum
- 23 October - 13 November 2020Call for participation in European Clean Hydrogen Alliance round table
- 8 July 2020Kick-off meeting of the European Clean Hydrogen Alliance
- 10 March 2020European Clean Hydrogen Alliance announced in the new industrial strategy for Europe
- Reports of the alliance roundtables on barriers and mitigation measures - October 2021
- Guidelines for competition law compliance within the European Clean Hydrogen Alliance
- Communication on updating the industrial strategy for recovery and a stronger single market
- The European Clean Hydrogen Alliance declaration
- Members of the European Clean Hydrogen Alliance
- EU hydrogen strategy - July 2020
- New industrial strategy for Europe - March 2020
General questions about the alliance: GROW-HYDROGEN-PLATFORM@ec.europa.eu