The aim of this Showcase Conference was to:
- showcase the added-value of EU support for tourism projects under Europe’s programme for small and medium-sized enterprises (COSME)
- inspire more cooperation and participation from the tourism industry in the EU projects
- stimulate reflection on future EU support for tourism projects
15 inspirational examples of good practices developed under the tourism calls of the COSME programme were presented at the following 2 sessions (each consisting of an interactive marketplace session and 2 panel discussions):
- Connecting Europe through public and private partnerships
- Connecting Europe through innovation
The event gathered over 200 participants, including representatives of public authorities at EU, national and regional level, European tourism sector associations and tourism and travel industry.