The convention takes place on 12 October and registration for 3 of its workshops is open until 17 September.
The following three thematic workshops will be held online in parralel during the morning of the convention
- Safe and Seamless Tourism Experience
- Greener Holidays
- Tourism Powered by Data
The workshops aim to map key issues, generate a discussion about the challenges and opportunities of the EU tourism sector linked with the three topics mentioned above and propose a set of SMART action points to be presented and discussed during the Plenary of the European Tourism Convention in the afternoon.
Each workshop will gather up to 30 participants, including representatives of the EU institutions, representatives of public authorities, European sectorial industry associations of the tourism and travel industry, international organisations, academics, as well as other relevant stakeholders. Places are limited and the selected participants will have a unique chance to guide the future work on tourism recovery and transition.
Selected participants commit to a 3-hour online workshop on 12 October 2020 (9.00-12.00 CET) to engage collaboratively and proactively in a guided discussion on the sustainable recovery of tourism and the actions that can transform and shape the European tourism ecosystem for tomorrow.
Participants with significant operations in EU countries or serving the EU tourism market will be prioritised.
- Criterion 1: Expertise on the subject matter and contribution to the field.
- Criterion 2: Managerial position at the organisation.
- Criterion 3: Organisation located in the EU, with significant operations in EU countries, or a focus on the EU tourism market.
- Criterion 4: Relevance and adequacy of the proposed contribution to the workshop. Note that responses to criterion 4 of the selected participants may be made public on the Convention website. This will be done in aggregate, without revealing the organisation's name for each response. Criterion 4 entails the following question
- What are the three priorities for European tourism for tomorrow, and who are the relevant actors? (Propose an action for each priority).
- Please provide your vision for the future of the EU tourism sector in the next 10-20 years in relation to the theme of the workshop.
How to apply
To submit an application, click on the 'application and more information' link under each workshop title below. Follow instructions and send all information by Thursday, September 17 2020, 16.00 Brussels time.