- university students and researchers – to provide future graduates with accurate and precise information about the study and career opportunities in raw materials
- school leavers – to attract young people, who are currently deciding on their future profession, into this field of studies
- wider society – to contribute to raising public awareness about the lack of skilled professionals in the sector, as well as the importance of raw materials in Europe’s development
Planned activities included in the event:
- presentation from students – showcasing research groups and alumni activities
- fair and exhibition – including industry associations, companies and national/regional authorities
- lab demonstrations
- visit to the school’s museums – the historic underground mine and UPM’s mineralogical museum will be open
The event will show practical examples of career opportunities across as much of the raw materials value chain as possible, including:
- circular economy
All of these themes are covered by the EIT Raw Materials.
The event will also be filmed and broadcast via UPM’s tele-education service.