The event will inform attendees about the on-going revision of the current European standardisation system governing the development and adoption of harmonised standards for products, and more specifically on the aspect of technical assistance under the area of harmonised standards.
As part of the latter, the event will focus on providing information on the new system of HAS consultants. Detailed information will also be presented on the open call for the selection of the consultants.
The event will bring together all stakeholders from the European standardisation community:
- EU and international institutions
- European standardisation organisations, such as CEN, Cenelec and ETSI and their technical bodies
- national standardisation bodies
- current 'New Approach' consultants and people interested in applying for a position as a HAS consultant
- national governmental experts
- industrial and societal stakeholders
The event will be opened by Radek Maly, head of the unit that deals with standards at the European Commission.
The event will be webstreamed.
Call for tenders, 'Technical assistance in the area of harmonised standards'