This Information Centre on European Navigation Satellite Programs (EGNSS) will pursue a variety of activities in Mexico and in the region.
The objectives of the Information Centre are to:
- ensure the visibility of European satellite navigation activities in Mexico and in the region
- analyse satellite navigation initiatives in Mexico and in the region
- ensure support to actual and potential users in Mexico and in the region on activities including the development of new GNSS-based applications, products and services by enabling industrial and research cooperation between Latin American and European actors
The location of the centre must be in a place that can ensure optimal contact with the target audience, namely institutional partners, the satellite navigation downstream industry, application developers and users.
Applicants must propose a work programme with a balanced set of activities covering:
1. Identification of relevant markets and stakeholders
2. Promotion and awareness raising of European GNSS programmes
3. Facilitation of the development of GNSS-related applications
4. Education and training on GNSS-related issues
5. Facilitation of joint industrial collaborations between Latin American and European partners
The maximum EU contribution for this call is €480,000.
The maximum EU financing rate of eligible costs is 70%.
|Publication of the call||24 October 2019|
|Deadline for submitting applications||30 January 2020, 17.00 Brussels time|
|Information to applicants||February 2020|
|Signature of grant agreement||April 2020|
|Starting date of action/work programme||1 May 2020|
|Indicative duration of actions||36 months|
Applications are eligible from legal entities established in one of the following countries:
- EU countries
- EFTA and EEA countries: Switzerland, Norway
- Other countries: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago and Venezuela.
British applicants should be aware that they must comply with the eligibility criteria for the entire duration of the grant. If the United Kingdom withdraws from the EU during the grant period without concluding an agreement with the EU which ensures that British applicants will remain eligible, they will cease to receive EU funding (while continuing, where possible, to participate) or be required to leave the project on the basis of Article II.17 of the grant agreement.
Submission of proposals
A model grant agreement is available for information, but the actual call for proposals takes precedence.
Applicants should use the Electronic Submission System (SEP) to submit their proposal.
Applicants will need to use their EU Login account (formerly ECAS) or create one if not already available.
The deadline for electronic submissions is 31 January 2020 at 17.00 (Brussels time).
Questions and answers
Potential applicants should send their questions to: GROW-CFP-SAT-2019-GALILEO-INFO@ec.europa.eu
The email subject should be 'Galileo Information Centre in Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean'. Only questions sent to this mailbox will be answered. Answers will be published periodically and within a reasonable period of time on this webpage. The deadline for submitting questions related to this call is 19 January 2020.
Applicants will be informed of the results of the evaluation within 3 months of the submission deadline.